Monday 14 October 2013

A wonderful weekend at the National Exhibition in Stafford. Best of Breed; Best Novice; Best Novice Scots Fancy [OVCA], Judge's award and sponsor's award. Really affirming to get these awards from the Old Varieties Canary Association [OVCA].


I also had three other firsts and two seconds. My bird beat 17 others (two being Champion breeders) to be Best of Breed. I am delighted.

Some more of the show and some film too - I can never find any photos of the National Exhibition so took some of my own.




It is almost as thrilling to win well as it is to breed the birds but I do enjoy the breeding season. In some ways it is less work.

Some photos of the other sections of the OVCA section



Best in Show [OVCA] was a Gibber or Giboso - my favourite birds after the Scots Fancies. Some film of them here.







No comments:

Post a Comment