Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year, 2013!

I have bought in some outcrosses - birds from an entirely different gene pool which will, hopefully, maintain the vigour of my birds and help me to establish my own stud. I have admired the white (known as blue) birds for some time and today acquired a pair from Sandy Innes, a champion breeder and exhibitor. They are really lovely birds. Tomorrow they will be joined by a bird from John Morris, another champion. I want to bring in some longer birds which will improve mine which tend to be smaller and shorter - like me! So more pictures tomorrow.


This is the hen - I like her grizzled cap.


And this, the cock bird. They are dominant whites which means that they must be bred to another colour or you will breed at least 25% dead in shell. It's a probem of the white mutation.




No comments:

Post a Comment