Tuesday 8 May 2012

The singleton's mother was sitting on 4 eggs until this morning when, for some reason, she threw them all out of the nest, killing two fertile eggs. So her breeding season is over for this year. Although disappointing, we have at least one baby from that pairing and given I hadn't expected any success at all, I can't be too down.

I had kept another clear, deep yellow hen back from breeding so she is now paired with the singleton's father and I have high hopes this may produce young. She is a lovely deep yellow and has a beautiful shape so fingers crossed. Here she is this evening in her new abode with her new mate.


And the babies continue to develop. All are now trying to crack hard seed so the weaning is well and truly settling in.



I still have another nest of 4 Scotch Fancy eggs with the pair who produced the three youngsters and they are due to start hatching on 14 May.





1 comment:

  1. hi there ...this year for me was kind of diferent;
    my birds are starting to reproduce like a month ago..i have some like 8 pairs and just 3 of them show some interes on nests..

    ReplyDelete